The final long weekend of the summer is upon us in a few short days. Before real life kicks in and it’s back to the books, it’s time to plan one last hurrah. If you and your friends are still trying to figure out what you’re going to do to celebrate this final weekend, don’t worry we’ve got you covered. We at White Sands have made a list of the top 10 reasons why Labour Day weekend is the best time to camp at Sauble Beach.
1. Cooler nights mean you can use the “I’m Cold” card to snuggle to stay warm.
2. No Bugs No Bugs No Bugs No Bugs No Bugs
3. Because your parents want to move you to university or college that weekend.
4. You can buy inflatable air mattresses for ½ price.
5. Because it’s the last official summer long weekend to chill with your friends before the real world gets its grip on you.
6. Because after 3 long weekends you finally know how to set up your tent.
7. Because you didn’t get tickets to any of the summer concerts like Boots and Hearts and The Hip.
8. Lake Huron finally meets your temperature requirements.
9. You still have that opened package of hot dogs from the last long weekend that you need to use up.
10. It’s your last chance to show off your chiseled bod and tats before you sweater up for winter.
**The opinions in this list are those of White Sands Campground and White Sands Campground only. Although we are extremely confident that you can relate to at least 5 of them, and especially # 9 (using up the hot dogs). We too find it very hard to throw out any uneaten tube steaks because, well, they are just so darn good. Have a great last summer long weekend of 2016 everyone. **